Enhance and embrace your Perinatal Journey with Yoga and more. Join the Calm & Confident Members program with for a 360 view on Perinatal health
I recorded this conversation with Helen Wright from on the 10th of October, World Mental Health day, so mental and emotional health is exactly what we decided to talk about!
Helen Wright is a mum of two; a teacher, emotional health and wellbeing coach, hypnotherapist, antenatal educator, placenta remedies specialist and family meet up host, currently based in London. She offers wrap-around-care to expectant and new families, by helping them to release fear and anxiety around pregnancy, labour, birth and parenthood. Wherever you are on your parenting journey, whatever challenges you may be facing, whatever fears or worries you may be feeling, Helen is here to support you every step of the way.
I loved having this conversation, as difficult as a topic as mental health is, Helen is bursting with positivity and you can hear in her voice the passion she has for the work she does and helping people.
Some of the things we cover in this episode are:
- Postnatal depression and anxiety. and Helen opens up about her own postnatal depression journey.
- Helen also describes what postnatal depression or anxiety can look like for different people, and the myriad of symptoms that can exists or manifest the condition.
- We also talk about anxiety in general, and Helen explains the concept of the ‘’anxiety loop’’, how triggers behave and how we can overcomes negative feelings and thoughts and transform them into better versions of ourselves.
- I question her about why we feel anxiety in the first place when this is a role we decided to take on in the first place.
- The power of support and community, and the responsibility we have as carers to first take care of ourselves.
- Helen’s approach to being a Women’s Emotional Health Coach. She explains what this means, how it works and why is it important.
- Tips and guidance on how to recognise stress, depression or anxiety and first steps to take
- Helen’s personal way of taking care of her own mental and emotional health, both as a professional and as a mum!
If you’d like to work with Helen, get in touch for a free 30 minute consultation with her via this link https://www.birthwright.co.uk/freedmum