From Quantum Chemistry To Pregnancy Yoga
‘’So, what do you do?’’ This question stumped me every time! It used to take me a moment to think of my reply, one which I’d adjust depending on who I was talking to. The reply would vary between I’m a scientist, to nuclear waste manager, to part-time yoga teacher. Things are much clearer for me now, and here I explain why.
In this episode I get personal, introduce myself and share my story as to how this Podcast & Blog has been born.
I hope this episode inspires you make the necessary changes to need in your life!
I’ll talk about:
- Why I started practicing Yoga
- How and why I ended up getting a PhD in Quantum Chemistry
- My interest in nuclear waste and how it aligns with my view on Yoga
- How certain Yoga practices can sometimes NOT be the solution to a problem
- How I combined teaching yoga and working in the nuclear industry
- What aspects of my life started to shift when I got pregnant
- How I handled returning to work after my maternity leave
- The pressure imposed into being the perfect mother
- Why we relocated the whole family from The Netherlands to Spain
- Where I am right now, and why this podcast was born